As school budgets shrink and government funding remains uncertain, it becomes more and more important that someone steps in and helps support agriculture education. That's where you, as an IFB member, make a difference. Illinois Farm Bureau and the Affiliate Companies create and fund activities and competitions that supplement FFA and 4-H programs. Every year, we help hundreds of young people rise up to meet farming's future challenges. (See Our Photo Galleries)
OPPORTUNITIES FOR FFA MEMBERS
- YEA! Conference is open to more than 400 FFA juniors who want to develop their career path and personal skills.
- County Farm Bureau Acquaintance Program is a chance to get to know the state's largest agriculture organization and build new relationships.
- CO-OP Program celebrates the chapters that learn about cooperative businesses the hard way - by starting a co-op of your own!
- Heritage Program applauds the chapters that dig deep and find their roots to learn about heritage, rights, and responsibility as a citizen.
- Heritage and CO-OP Tour takes representatives from the top chapters in the Heritage and CO-OP programs to Washington D.C. and Gettysburg.
- Harvest for All is a statewide effort to help feed the hungry in Illinois.
- Chapter President Award recognizes the students who excel in their responsibilities as a chapter president.
- Top 10 Section President Award celebrates the most involved and innovative section presidents in the state.
- Premier 20 Conference is a one-of-a-kind conference that brings ten 4-H and ten FFA members together in a leadership-building conference.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR 4-H MEMBERS
- 4-H LCP Award rewards the top 10 4-H members in the state who exhibit excellence in Leadership, Citizenship, and Professionalism.
- 4-H Master Showmanship awards the showmanship talents of livestock exhibitors at the Illinois State Fair.
- Premier 20 Confernce is a one-of-a-kind conference that brings ten 4-H and ten FFA members together in a leadership-building conference.