As we work through the unprecedented coronavirus (COVID-19), Illinois Farm Bureau is working diligently to communicate impacts to our elected officials and identify resources for our members.
Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act: You can learn about Economic Programs as details are released on our Economic Impact/Stimulus page.
- (April 9, 2020) USDA announces Loan Maturity for Marketing Assistance Loans – Now extended to 12 months. Provides producers with marketing flexibilities amid COVID-19 uncertainties. Read more on our USDA page.
- (April 7, 2020) New FAQ documents on the SBA Paycheck Protection Program here.
- (April 6, 2020) The Commodity Credit Corporation lowered interest rates. Read more on our USDA page.
- (March 26, 2020) Changes were made to H-2A Visa Applicant Processing to increase workforce access. To read more, visit Specialty Crops.
- (March 16, 2020) Food and agriculture workers were deemed a part of the nation’s “Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce” by President Trump. Read more here.
- Find up to date COVID-19 information at the CDC website here.
- IFB is communicating with AFBF daily. You can find AFBF COVID-19 resources here.
- (April 9, 2020) Illinois State Treasurer Michael Frerichs details two assistance programs for small businesses and ag:
- (April 6, 2020) Illinois SNAP recipients will begin receiving maximum benefit amounts this week. Find details here.
- (March 26, 2020) Auctions: Land and machinery auctions should be conducted online/via phone. Livestock auctions can occur with appropriate social distancing requirements. Online/phone bidding is strongly encouraged.
- (March 25, 2020) Illinois’ Governor has pushed back state tax filing date to July 15, 2020. Illinois taxpayers are still required to estimate their tax liability and make those payments to IDOR, starting on April 15, 2020.
- (March 20, 2020) AG DEEMED ESSENTIAL There is no requirement for a permit or identification as an essential employee for those working in agriculture in Illinois.
(April 7, 2020) Local Governance
- (April 7, 2020) Annual Town Meetings: POSTPONED for duration of Gubernatorial Disaster Proclamation. You can read the announcement here. More details here.
- Annual Town Meetings: Townships awaiting guidance
- Property Tax Cycle during COVID-19
- Relaxed Open Meetings Act Requirements for Local Units of Gov’t
Join the Conversation
For the latest ag news on the impacts of COVID-19, visit FarmWeekNow.com.
Illinois Farm Bureau provides daily coronavirus updates on the RFD Radio Network’s RFD Today program. We want to know how the pandemic is affecting farmers in your area and help answer questions you may have. Submit your question or comment by email or tweet us at @FarmWeekNow. View the RFD Radio schedule below, and tune in to your local RFD affiliate or listen to the podcast here.
April 9, 2020
- Mark Gebhards, Illinois Farm Bureau, Q & A on COVID-19
- Ellyn Ferguson, Congressional Quarterly Roll Call with the latest from Washingto
- Tom Vilsack, President and CEO U.S. Dairy Export Council