Join SWAT: Strength With Advisory Teams
Are you ready to be a part of a team that can help surface emerging topics in agriculture,
provide a vision for Illinois Farm Bureau and guide the issues?
Join Illinois Farm Bureau's Strength With Advisory Teams (SWAT)
- Surface – To surface issues, they identify emerging topics and provide vision to the IFB Board of Directors on issues relating to farmers, production practices, rural life and other agricultural related areas.
- Research – Research involves in-depth reviews of issues for grassroots input.
- Lead – The teams lead by guiding IFB as they become an expert on specific issues, regulations and legislation.
- Conservation and Natural Resources team deals with issues related to environmental regulations, conservation programs, forestry, CAFOs, permitting, pesticide use and more.
- Farming Production and Marketing team takes on issues related to farm policy, crop production, marketing, risk management, trade, technology, livestock, local foods, specialty crops and more.
- Local and State Government team addresses rural development, local government, government finance, elections, education, energy, transportation and more.
Each team is comprised of 10 IFB members, one IFB board member and one County Farm Bureau manager. Team members are appointed to two-year terms.
How do I apply?
Download, complete and submit your application no later than August 15, 2018. Submit your application to Ryan Whitehouse, email@example.com.