Free workshops introduce new regulations impacting farmers.
County Farm Bureaus across Illinois are hosting transportation regulation workshops this month and continuing through March.
Each two-hour seminar will focus on laws and regulations that impact farmers. The workshops are free, but advance registration is required.
Topics will include an introduction to new regulations, such as waivers for insulin-related diabetic drivers, a new class “C” license plate, Covered Farm Vehicle options for small trucks, and the Unified Carrier Registration payment schedule and fees for 2019.
Participants will hear explanations on well-established farm exemptions and how to qualify, the Harvest Season permit, Electronic Logging Devices and other rules that are often confusing.
Kevin Rund and Kirby Wagner, Illinois Farm Bureau transportation specialists, will speak and provide resource materials.
Upcoming workshops include:
- Feb. 11, 7 p.m., Effingham County Farm Bureau, Effingham;
- Feb. 25, noon, Southeastern Illinois College, Harrisburg;
- Feb. 25, 6 p.m., Shawnee Community College, Ullin;
- Feb. 26, 7:30 a.m., Franklin County Farm Bureau, Benton;
- Feb. 26, noon, Gateway FS, Red Bud;
- Feb. 26, 6 p.m., Southern FS, Marion;
- Feb. 27, 7:30 a.m., Jackson County Farm Bureau, Murphysboro;
- Feb. 27, 6 p.m., Farm Credit office, Mount Vernon;
- Feb. 28, 7:30 a.m., Hogg Heaven, Mount Carmel;
- Feb. 28, noon, White County Farm Bureau, Carmi;
- Feb. 28, 6 p.m., Frontier College, Fairfield; and
- March 1, 1 p.m., Jasper County Farm Bureau, Newton.
To register, contact your county Farm Bureau or the hosting county Farm Bureau.