By Ashley Rice
Illinois Farm Bureau members are urged to respond to a federal legislative action request concerning agriculture issues in the next COVID-19 relief package.
The action request asks members of Congress to prioritize the following:
- Increase funding for USDA’s Commodity Credit Corporation;
- provide direct payments to all farmers impacted by COVID-19;
- allocate funding for the humane and safe disposal of depopulated hogs;
- provide flexibility to help farmers restructure USDA loans;
- and provide assistance to the biofuel industry
Text message and email notifications were sent to FB ACT members Tuesday. The action request will run until further notice.
This story was provided by FarmWeekNow.com.