Illinois’ livestock industry addresses environmental protection through regulatory programs, industry-led educational initiatives, and publicly-funded programmatic approaches. Illinois Farm Bureau (IFB) wants to assist farmers with regulatory questions and provide educational opportunities and resources to help meet industry regulations and protect the environment. Throughout 2020, IFB is implementing an education program for Illinois livestock farmers at the farm gate level. All size operations are welcome, but the focus will be on small and medium sized livestock farms.
• Bring an education opportunity to small and medium sized livestock farms statewide
• Educate farmer members who may not yet be familiar with the regulatory programs and offer industry-led educational initiatives
• Current regulatory compliance requirements
• Science-based performance metrics for environmental protection
• Resources available to assist with compliance
On farm education and resources include:
• Illinois EPA inspection checklist
• Resources, environmental management tools and site-specific advice
• Mortalities management
For more information, contact the program partner in your region:
• Stephenson County Farm Bureau: (815) 232 - 3186
• Pike-Scott County Farm Bureau: (217) 285 - 2233
• Effingham County Farm Bureau: (217) 342 - 2103
• Clinton County Farm Bureau: (618) 526 - 7235
Support a thriving livestock industry for the future of Illinois’ environment, economy, family farms and rural communities.
Join our FREE & CONFIDENTIAL program today!