Agricultural Leaders of Tomorrow
If you want to improve yourself and your role in agriculture, ALOT is for you. Established in 1979, more than 1,000 participants have graduated from the program. The five main areas of study include:
- Political process
- Agriculture economics
- Global issues
Who is eligible to participate?
- Any Illinois Farm Bureau member actively engaged in agriculture.
- Any Illinois Farm Bureau member committed to serving as a leader and spokesperson for agriculture based upon their association on a day-to-day basis with production agriculture or agribusiness.
- Demonstrated agricultural leadership, involvement and support.
- Commitment and potential to serve as an agriculture leader.
- Men and women of all ages.
- Spouses may not participate in the same program year.
- Each class is limited to 25 participants.
The $700 tuition fee covers meals, lodging and program materials. Be sure to ask your county Farm Bureau manager about matching funds.
Sessions are held one to two days per week from the end of January to the end of March. Specific information regarding locations and dates for the 2019 ALOT program will be announced in the summer of 2018.
The primary contact is your local county Farm Bureau manager. If you have additional questions, please contact the IFB Training and Development Department at 309-557-2140 or email@example.com.
- COUNTRY Financial
- GROWMARK, Inc.
- FS member companies
- Prairie Farms Dairy, Inc.
- Illinois Corn Marketing Board
- Illinois Corn Growers Association
- Illinois Soybean Program Operating Board